The day I thought I was going to die

I am not one to be scared of the dark or get jump scared. I'm a chill person who does not worry a lot, and when a situation does arrive I am more of the type to take action. However my perspective on my fight or flight was changed one day when I was cat-sitting for a friend. I still do believe if in a group setting I will fight to protect the other people that I love, but that is not the case for when I am alone.
I went over to my friends house around noon to check in on her cat for the day. Everyday I would go and check her food and water. Shortly after I would go looking through the house to find the cat. I looked under tables, behind furniture, and on this particular day I found her under the bed on a trundle. Once I found her we played for a little and then we went to watch tv together on the sofa in the living room. She fell asleep on my lap while I was petting her. I guess she was not a fan of watching Victorious. After about 20 minutes her head perks up very fast and looks toward the hallway that leads to the dining room where the front door was. Being and idiot I pause the tv show and try to listen with her to see if there is something wrong. I hear a weird sound coming for the front and become very cautious toward what I am listening to. As I listened more it sounded like the front door had opened. I wasn't sure if I was listening correctly so I waited a bit longer. As I sat there frozen to my seat I heard sounds of a knife scraping against the wood floor. Immediately I grab the cat, my phone, and myself and run into the laundry room next to the living room. I sprint in the room quickly and hide with the cat behind some clothes next to the litter box. After I calm down a little I pull out my phone frantically and begin to text my best friend that I believe there is an intruder in the house with a knife. Suddenly the noise stopped. I could feel and hear my heart beating out of my chest. I was shaking uncontrollably. The scrapping became an on and off sound and it was coming closer to where I was. I knew I had to find a way out of the house otherwise I would be cornered in the laundry room. I could leave through the garage but I didn't think the garage door worked. The scraping was in the living room now, and I felt like the person in the house knew where I was. I figured that the only way out was the back door. Once the scraping came to a halt I got out of hiding and peaked my head around the corner of the laundry room door. There was no one in the living room. I looked out the kitchen window and there was a person, looking into the master bedroom bathroom through a window. They wore all black with their hood over the head. There was no sight of any skin. As I examined this person I look down at their hands and see them holding a long black stick like object. I continue to look at this person. Scared out of my mind I wonder what I am going to do. As I watch the man he raises his arm towards the window.
He begins to water down the window. He was hired to wash the windows that day. I had no idea. Feeling stupid I text my best friend what happened and I begin to feel a huge weight of embarrassment. Still freaked out with so much adrenaline I turned off the tv, I locked the door, and got it my car. As I started my car getting ready to leave, the window washer man walked past my window and waved at me. I jumped so hard. I have never been so scared of a window washer in my entire life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This was a prompt and I answered it

Your Pinterest Quote of an Excuse

the question.