Senior Year with Quarantine

Every teen looks forward to living a memorable and fun senior year in high school. My friends and I are seniors this year, and sadly our time together has been cut short. The worst part of it all is that no matter how many times you tell everyone, no one will understand how valuable time is until you're in our shoes. I've been told for 4 years to soak in all the memories, and I've failed to do so every year until now. What looked to be the best year in high school ended poorly. If you were where the seniors are now you would constantly be reminiscing on old videos and photos, and while you cry you're going to listen to sad music, and wish you could just go back. Take it in, remember things a little better, and work harder at the things you might not get to do in college. You begin look around and realize the people who you have spent 5 days a week, for 12 hours a day, and hung out with outside of school for so many years are now all going separate ways to start life. The painful part is knowing all the memories you made, and now you can't make as many, but reflect on the ones you had made. You're no longer down the street or a 10 minute drive from them, but a couple hours and a ton of miles. Being in quarantine has taught me that even a phone call away is too far. Quarantine took away my last chance to make memories. All I have now is what I created and I still wish I could make those last memories and have closure. I've been reflecting on my high school senior year a lot and it still hurts to think that it's all over. I will type here for you to take it in, but the words feel so meaningless, because no person is ever going to understand the importance of every moment until they have to move on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This was a prompt and I answered it

Your Pinterest Quote of an Excuse

the question.