This was a prompt and I answered it

Growing up I was always the kid who wanted to be the first to try everything. Why? First, because I was the oldest and I had to make sure whatever we were attempting was safe for my younger brother, and second I was not afraid. I wanted to try everything I could in this life because it seemed fun. However, as I've grown older, I have kept this trait, but it has a different purpose behind it. I go first to protect the ones I love because I would rather be in pain than someone I love, and I try everything because life is too short not to try. I have fears like everyone, but I don't allow those fears to take over my choices and actions. Learning more about being a Marine from my dad- it is clear who I got these traits from. He has been a huge mentor in my life for as long as I can remember. From coaching my 6-year-old rec basketball team making us run lines and learn to discipline ourselves as individuals and as a team-holding one another accountable, to helping me establish little goals in elementary school of selling duct tape bows to my classmates, to helping me prepare for drill team leadership interviews, to giving me advice for how to handle a bully, to showing me how to be grateful and motivated during a pandemic- then jumping out of an airplane with me on my 18th birthday, to cheering for me when I have applied for internships and failed countless times, he has taught me so much. He has taught me how to love, protect, and care for people. He has taught me how to fight, be courageous, and brave. He has taught me how to be relentless in the face of adversity and to love failure. With all of these mixed, he has made me a working machine, in the best way. I will always try, I will never give up, and unfortunately I sometimes look forward to failing. Knowing my goals that I have set for myself going to college would benefit me immensely. While I say no one influenced me to go to school-deep down so many people did. I thank my dad for being a marine and teaching me these traits, but I ultimately thank my Nana Cherie for inspiring me to go to school. I want to make a change in the world, and I want to leave an impact. I remember I wanted my Nana to see me walk the stage and graduate high school, and she did. My first month at college she passed away, and it was an extremely difficult time in my life that was not soon to pass. Looking back from where I am now, it makes me proud to say I have climbed mountains to get where I am, and it makes me anticipate the future looking up knowing I'm not even halfway there. I know she watches over me as I maneuver my way through this crazy life and I hope I can make her proud. While I wish she could see the person I have become, I can't wait to show her what I can do. I can't wait to prove everyone who has doubted and continues to doubt me wrong, and I can't wait to keep pushing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the question.

Flawed sounded weird after a while of writing this