Giving Up

I was bike riding with my dad the other day as our form of physical activity for the day last Saturday. We biked 3.5 miles to the junior high, got off our bikes, ran a mile, did 100 crunches, got back on the bikes, and started our trek home. The running was the easy part. Going back home, we had to maneuver uphill for about 2 miles. We had a goal of completing this all in 45 minutes. As we are biking back we hit a cross in the road where we are having to wait for cars to pass by, of course this is right before we start going uphill. Before we crossed the street my dad looked back at me and said, "Raegan this hill is going to be like other things you face in your life. It's going to be hard and its going to suck, but you keep pushing until you get to the end. Maybe you're going to want to give up or maybe you'll get too tired, but you keep pushing". It was so motivational and it really go me in the zone, and then I realized I began to take this little bike ride work out a little too serious and smiled a little. We began our journey uphill, and it wasn't;t as brutal as I was expecting. It was a little rough since my bike only had a few gears on it, but in the end when we made it home at 43 minutes, it was worth it. Not only did I feel good about completing our workout, but we set a goal and accomplished it. I feel like nowadays, more than ever, we find ourselves giving up so fast. If we find ourselves not enjoying something, or we find something to hard- we are so quick to give up and move on. I too am guilty of this. Bike riding with my dad was a great reminder of holding myself accountable, and it brought back my motivation to work that I had been missing for the past couple weeks. 

Through being home the past couple of weeks for summer, these are some quotes I have heard that I feel I should share:

"Friends are based on quality not quantity"
"It is never too late to be who you might have been"
 
And one that I thought of on my own, when considering your dreams, "Go where you see yourself, not where you have to find someone else."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This was a prompt and I answered it

Your Pinterest Quote of an Excuse

the question.