Fish Tears

I am sitting here at Hope Harbor lifeguarding on a Sunday, crying about my fish Aphroditis. She was the sweetest fish ever, and I loved her so so much. Unfortunately, she passed away a couple of weeks ago due to a bacterial infection. She died while I was on vacation, so I never got the proper goodbye- and to make things even worse... it was her birthday. I don't know what brought on this sudden sadness other than the fact that I was looking for a new animal to take down to college with me. Of course, I don't want another fish because it feels like I am replacing her, so I have been looking at alternatives. I am upset thinking about the fact that I will not get to drive with her anymore. Taking her down to school with me, and letting her travel with me everywhere I go. Aphroditis loved the song Gucci Flip Flops and was a fan of LED lights. She loved all kinds of music, and car rides, and every morning she would greet me at the side of her tank. When I first bought her, she wasn't the prettiest fish. She was small and white with a light red spot on her side. I bought her color-enhancing food so that she could have more saturated colors. It eventually worked, and when she was fully grown she was a light red, almost pinkish, color with blue tints. Her fins were way longer than they were when I first got her, and she was gorgeous. Anyways, I am glad I had the opportunity to have a fish like her, and that she went with me through my first semester at Collin and my first semester at Baylor. She sat in the bathroom with me, unwillingly- but I know she would have sat there anyways, while I balled my eyes out in my bathroom, while I had panic attacks and cried on the bathroom floor, while I sang horribly in the shower, and she even watched me try to pick out outfits for the school day. It seems dumb to cry over a fish. They are such small and insignificant creatures because there are so many of them. But coming from a hard year in school, I bought her. She watched and helped me evolve and grow from a tough year into who I am now, and I believe she played a small role in that. I miss and love you so much Aphro, and even though I called you not pretty when I first got you- I don't legit mean it, because I wouldn't have bought you if I thought so. Rest In Peace, love Rae.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This was a prompt and I answered it

Your Pinterest Quote of an Excuse

the question.